View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
The Problem for Barack Obama is that The Muslim Brotherhood were DEMOCRATICALLY ELLECTED.

It doesnt actually matter if they are reasonable or not...they were democratically ellected. If Obama sides with the Egyptian Military, he is effectively Condoning the use of A MILITARY COUP AGAINST DEMOCRATIC PRINCIPLES

IMHO both sides are as bad as each other, BUT the Islamists were democratically ellected, whereas the Military were not.

I have ALWAYS said that the problem with Egypt and the mistakes of the Western World in dealing with Egypt lay right back in the heat of the Arab Spring...ONLY someone like Barack Obama could be confused by what has happened as a result of refusing to help Hosni Mubarack.

Now Egypt will decend into Civil War. I concure with Bonnie...this was pretty much inevitable

The Arab Spring actually represents the first contageous set of concurent revolutions since the First World Revolutionary Era...which George Washington triggered....The Impact of the American Revolution is generally not realized...but if you watch the nations that were involved with the U.S War of Independance, the first thing they did when they got home, was begin the same practice of Civil unrest. As soon as The French had finished securing the future of the United States, they turned on their own Monarch...so fell a huge wave of Monarchic Houses across Europe. The First world completely rejected the ideal of Supreme Rule...Now you are seeing a similar thing with the Arab World. This Instability is going nowhere. It may take decades to sort out...ONLY because England had already gone through a Civil War Era prior to the US bid for Freedom, was it partially saved from a similar fate as vast swaiths of Europe....and in terms of that period...I would say it was at the least 150 years long.
The problem Barack Obama has is that he has no credibility, he's shown the world he's all talk, no action. After he left Americans to die in Benghazi and he let all our embassies be burned all across Africa and Asia with no consequences and no one being made to pay, they knew for sure then, they have nothing to fear from him. Also, I don't think he has any leverage to use to try to affect the situation. If we cut off aid to Egypt, it could impact Israel.

From what they are reporting today, people were cheering the military as they forced their way into a mosque where MB had barricaded themselves after they attempted to storm the police station yesterday that's located right next door to the mosque.

Btw, wasn't it the military that finally told Mubarak he had to go? Who has the real power in Egypt, the President or the military?

Last edited by Bonnie; 08-17-2013 at 11:28 PM.