View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Well yes, but because that's the law, not because of the latent racism you're implying (or alluding?).

Actually, thinking about the situation, if they had gotten in the altercation & Martin ended up shooting Zimmerman, it presumably would have been with Zimmerman's own gun, which would have made it really easy for him to make the case it was self-defense. Zimmerman wouldn't have been able to tell his side of the story (I was trying to keep an eye on him & protect my community), and Martin could say "This guy was tailing me, the cops told him to stop but he didn't, he got out of the car & came after me, I saw his gun & was afraid for my life so I fought back & used his own gun to keep him from killing me."

I think we'd be in pretty much the same situation.
If Trayvon had ended up killing Zimmerman, and told the cops he was defending himself, it would have ended there, I truly believe that. The same people who want to keep going after Zimmerman now would be saying the same thing, he shouldn't have gotten out of his car, and they'd say Trayvon was perfectly justified in defending himself. It would have never seen the light of day in the media, I doubt we would have ever known anything about it.