View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
let me ask you ... i know its all hypothetical .. but if things had turned out differently that night, and trayvon ended up shooting zimmerman with his own gun, what do you think would have happened to trayvon .. i think he would have been put on trial as an adult and be in jail ... we will never know, but that is what i think ...

i think this sets a bad precidence for the future .. it ok to act like a tough guy, start a fight and then shoot someone in self defense ..
Well yes, but because that's the law, not because of the latent racism you're implying (or alluding?).

Actually, thinking about the situation, if they had gotten in the altercation & Martin ended up shooting Zimmerman, it presumably would have been with Zimmerman's own gun, which would have made it really easy for him to make the case it was self-defense. Zimmerman wouldn't have been able to tell his side of the story (I was trying to keep an eye on him & protect my community), and Martin could say "This guy was tailing me, the cops told him to stop but he didn't, he got out of the car & came after me, I saw his gun & was afraid for my life so I fought back & used his own gun to keep him from killing me."

I think we'd be in pretty much the same situation.