View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Are you mad that Glover is in favour of gun restrictions?? If so, isnt he allowed to have and express an opinion??

Or are you angry that the UFC have allowed him to make his own little advert?

Are we sure the UFC are in favour of this...?? They may have allowed the video, but was it their idea...would they allow some other superstar to make an alternate advert and host that as well?? Perhaps someone should ask them

Finally...have you considered that the UFC may not give a hoot either way...but that they are engaging in a political act which is close to the legislators heart in a State that refuses them access....Are you certain this hasnt got far more to do with New York...?

Perhaps you oughta ask some of the MMA newsmedia if they could get an interview with Dana White to get some clarity on this issue.

As for me, I havent really got a clue what you should do about guns in your country. I recognise that hunting in your country is not only well regulated, but also required for population control, so I have no problem with that. I also recognise that because firearms are so widespread in your country, you cant simply just ban them, and I do sort of follow that you cant expect criminals to abide by the law.

I come from a culture where guns are next to non-existant, where gun crime is quite minimal, and where even touching a firearm can get you fifteen years incarceration, so, personally, if I was a legislator, I wouldnt want guns about, but I wouldnt try and ban them...I would tackle the issue by controlling the ammunition instead...You tend to find that guns become obserlete if they dont have bullets...a bit like a car without petrol.

But...I am not american, I dont live there, I dont really know how well that would work in a place where everyone, criminals and non criminals seem to be armed. As I dont know, and it doesnt effect me, I dont really care...neither do I care what the UFC believe in that regard (IF they even do) and I certainly dont care if Glover believes in their complete erradication.