Thread: NSA Leaks
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Erm...not JUST American citizens....

What IS embarissing is...that the American Union (and I make that as a distinguishment from America as in people) is so good at spying, when the British Secret Service want to know what British Citizens are doing....they ask the Americans

Its funny how in England there hasnt been a word about the ethics of the US looking at Citizens outside of its soverignty...but the British Government HAS tried to deny that the British Secret Service being barred from doing what the American Union has done to its Citizens...used the Americans to do their work for them and then fax them a copy

Personally, I blame Abraham Lincoln, but thats just me

Why blame Abraham Lincoln...because he believed that no state(s) should be allowed to separate itself from the Union?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I believe that He and George Washington, would believe that the Federal Union as it now stands, is a non-democratic, dictatorial regieme. I reckon they would consider it closer to what England was when they Founded it, rather then closer to what it was when they founded it.

He recongised the Union as Conventions. Singular meetings of Continental Congress (as opposed to Congress, which existed, obviously, as part of every State Government) for joint issues of independant States concerning the outside world. A 24/7 sitting Government, would probably remind him of Westminsters Parliament...the which he considered Undemocratic, and under the authority of a Tyrant.

I think its a good job he died in a time, where the leaders of State Governments were also known as "Presidents" (He was President of The Supreme Executive Council of The CommonWealth of Pensylvania) Not...Guv'ner

Still...having said all of that...your country is still a shining example compared to the rest of the nations on the planet. Yes, you have faults...but not as many, and not as ingrained, though I am glad to see that any slide causes you all distress...for that shows you still care, and you care because your hope (unlike ours) has yet to be extinguished.
If our founding fathers could see how big we've allowed government to get, and how it's expanding and intruding into our lives, and how it's abusing it's powers to use against it's citizens, they'd probably say, !

Or words to that effect.

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-14-2013 at 05:49 PM.