Thread: NSA Leaks
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I'm kind of shocked that so many are okay with this program...people like Charles Krauthammer and Karl Rove. Karl Rove was explaining the program on O'Reilly and he says, like the President has, that they aren't collecting information on "Americans", but I just don't believe it. Have you seen that huge complex they are building in Utah just for this purpose, to collect and store all this information? Between Benghazi, the IRS targeting religious and political conservative groups, the DOJ getting warrants targeting the AP and James Rosen of FOX News, we're supposed to TRUST their word that there are all these "safeguards" in place to protect us from abuse with this program...I don't think so!

The thing that makes me uneasy about Edward Snowden is that he fled to Hong Kong/China. He's telling the world all this information he was privy to which could make a lot of unsavory people/countries want to get ahold of him to find out exactly what secrets he knows that they could use against us. I'm glad we know about this program now, but I wish Snowden had stayed here to do it. He's in a lot of trouble. If he doesn't end up dead, I have no doubt the U.S. government will do everything in its power to get him back here and prosecute him. I'm sure they will want to make an example of him to discourage anyone else who might be thinking of exposing secrets to the public or our enemies.
i don't think there will be a lot of backlash from the other side as (and i am just guessing) there has probably been programs like this, or similar to this in past administrations ... its just the obama admin that couldn't keep the wraps on it .. they just mentioned up here in Canada that the gov't has been montoriing calls (something like monitoring outgoing calls to certain numbers to detect patterns) ... i am not saying its right, i just think there are so many things gov'ts around the world do that their citizens don't have a clue about ..

but, i think if this guy had security clearances for this and exposed it, he should be brought to justice on it ..