View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 12:19 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
They released the Code of Conduct

We are pleased

Fighters shall conduct themselves in accordance with commonly accepted standards of decency, social convention, and morals, and fighters will not commit any act or become involved in any situation or occurrence or make any statement which will reflect negatively upon or bring disrepute, contempt, scandal, ridicule or disdain to the fighter or the UFC

OOOO "Commonly accepted standards" that is...a tiny bit vague

Derogatory or offensive conduct, including without limitation insulting language, symbols, or actions about a person's ethnic background, heritage, color, race, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation

Inappropriate physical, verbal and online behavior (such as inappropriate statements made via email, text messaging or social networks)

Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the organization or promotion of a UFC event, including without limitation, failure to deliver, engage in or otherwise execute any and all promotional responsibilities, or failure to return in a timely manner the accurate and complete documents, or information for immigration, licensing, medical, tax or athletic commission purposes and

Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the UFC.

Wowser....I'm actually quite impressed...although, I think they may have issues with unpopular tattoos, and/or garments with symbols that some may find offensive, but not done deliberatley...I think the word "Intent" needs to be included somewhere

I shall try and see if I can find the rest of it, hopefully its now within the public domain, as its reported to also include a disciplinary policy which outlines sanctions for the failure to comply.
There is an article on Mitrione's issue that has the entire code of conduct. Here is the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--uf...053651223.html