View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

UFC champ Ronda Rousey on Fallon Fox: 'She can chop her pecker off' but she still has a man's bone structure

From BloodyElbow.com:
Quote:
UFC women's Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey spoke to the New York Post about transgender WMMA fighter Fallon Fox and the controversial comments that got Matt Mitrionesuspended by the promotion.

"She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it's still the same bone structure a man has," Rousey told The Post. "It's an advantage. I don't think it's fair."

"I understand the UFC doesn't want to be associated with views like (Mitrione's)," Rousey said. "I'm also glad they didn't straight cut him."

Rousey told the post she had competed against hermaphroditic athletes in Judo and had no problems because "that was something they didn't choose" but she feels Fox is in a different category because it's a situation of her own making.

"It's not something that happened to her," Rousey said. "It was a decision she made. She should be aware in her career after that, it's going to be an arduous path. I don't know why she's surprised by that. It's going to draw a lot of emotions."

Rousey would prefer not to fight Fox, but she would if the UFC insisted.
"What if she became UFC champion and we had a transgender women's champion?" Rousey said. "It's a very socially difficult situation."

Rousey is set to coach the next season of The Ultimate Fighter opposite the winner of Cat Zingano vs. Miesha Tate at this weekend's The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale.