View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i thought freedom of speech was the gov't can't infringe on your freedom of speech ... the ufc has a contract with mitrione and he should have to comply with the contract or not sign it ... and it was an interview for an mma show, so he is still representing his employer ... like i said earlier, agree with him or not, he should have been smarter with his delivery and choice of words ... the ufc will investigate and if they find out he is in breach of his contract, he may get released .. can't feel bad for him ...
Not just the government, no one can interfere with our freedom of speech, unlike Canada:

Quote:
Last month, the Canadian supreme court, at a stroke, undid all the good work of the last five years, reaffirmed the state's role in the thought-crime business, rejected truth as a defense, and took a narrow, generation-old ruling on "hate speech" and carelessly broadened it. And they did it unanimously. Nearly four centuries after John Milton declared, "Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties," on the highest court in one of the oldest democratic jurisdictions on earth there is not a single vote for the rough-and-tumble of unfettered speech necessary to any free society.
Link to my Steyn quote here. (yes, that was a gift for you specifically, RNC ;-)

He has a right to say it. The UFC has a right to handle it as they want but if they did fire him, he should hire a lawyer to sue them for infringing on his freedom of speech. That was the point I was trying to make.

The "social justice" lefties want to shut down any conversation in which one disagrees with their agenda. They label their causes very carefully (i.e. "pro-choice" instead of "pro abortion"). They will shout down and stifle any disagreement. I believe in traditional marriage. It is my right to say and believe that. Yet I will be attacked in vicious ways online for simply stating that fact, even though I don't attack them for their views with which I disagree. This is how they operate - intimidation and stifling debate. Just take a look at what is happening at George Washington University, where 2 gay students are trying to get rid of the Catholic chaplain there for having the GALL to believe in his church's stance on homosexuality.

Mittrione used ugly language. He wasn't in a UFC setting (if it was an interview with Ariel, I'm guessing it was video?). UFC can deal with it's employees however harshly they want. I'd love to be inside Dana's head and know what he's reallly thinking. I personally have compassion for people who have serious gender-identity issues. That said, to me Fox is a guy and he shouldn't be fighting a woman no matter what he has had surgically removed or whatever hormones he's taking. Men and women are different as Tyburn pointed out and should not be competing professionally, IMO.

Matt M. should be disciplined and have it explained that when he makes public comments, they can very well come back to injure the UFC. I'm sure he "gets that" now.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16