View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Stump Rules!

Honestly, the people of catholic churches seem like a cult or a gang or something. I really never understood the crying and about how they always announce that particular pope is against abortions and gay "marriages" and things that the bible say is wrong. Like they think they, as popes, can decide what's right and what's wrong and we all have to agree with them because it's what they say.

I've always found catholic churches to be creepy places and I don't think I'll ever understand how anyone could go along with it. I guess that's why I feel like it's a cult type thingy.

It just gives me a bad feeling. Always has. Even when I was a little girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
The Pope is purely a Catholic figurehead and even then only to certain denominations of Catholics. However, he is the most public and politicized religious figure, which is why the mainstream media seems to care about him.

If you aren't a Catholic, then the office of the Pope means nothing. We should be respectful of the man himself as we would towards any fellow believer, but he's just as sinful and corrupt as the rest of us are.

Like Ben pointed out, the Catholics have tied the Pope back to Peter; but I think their version of history is revisionist at best. Peter would have been dead for nearly 300 years before the Roman Catholic Church was even created.

http://stumpdotcom.com/