View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Japan sided with the US during the Korean War and has been our ally ever since, so there is no reason to believe that they would ever side with North Korea for any reason whatsoever.

Besides with as much as Koreans generally hate the Japanese people, I'm pretty sure that Japan NEVER wants to see North Korea become a nuclear power.
I did some research into this...Do you remember when President Bush added North Korea to the list of evil states? Well apparently Japan was all for that because North Korean Spies seemed to be accused by the Japanese Government of abducting their citizens during the 1970s and 1980s.

When the Obama Administration came to the table they aggreed to take the North Koreans off the evil list. Japan was apparently most disgusted by this and told President Obama that they believed that the North Koreans should stay on the Evil list until they explained what happened to their citizens

The paper I read basically says that Japan doesnt want North Korea to have nuclear weapoons almost exclusively because of its reasonably close proximity to their homeland. Their main reason for being included in the six party talks is purely to find out what happened to those abducted Japanese

I think your right that they will side against the North...but I also dont think they really give a toss what happens with the Korean peninsular so long as 1) they dont feel threatened as a nearby nation, 2) they find out what happened to their citizens