View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I think the UFC just keeps doing what they are doing. They have at least 90% of the best fighters in the world. I don't think it is that big of a deal that Bellator has Randy, he's not fighting so he can't really be the face of the organization.

I don't think he was going for the same job as Matt, but maybe. It sounded like Matt had been doing this job for awhile now and they just announced it.
What I understand and this is all Dana's side is that Randy kinda left awhile ago and then wanted back with the UFC. They gave him the broadcast deal for the Fox shows. He had one more on his contract when all the Bellator news came out. When Dana confronted him about it, he lied and said that he was looking into some other network deals.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/14...white-mma-news

i doesn't sound like randy was considered for it .. but i knew that had to be part of it .... the stories came out too close together ... LOL ..

"I gave the UFC and Dana every opportunity to find a way to significantly use me since I retired a year and a half ago. They acted like they were doing me a favor by giving me the four events on FOX a year as a commentator. In my opinion and estimation, (that's) not a terribly significant role in the organization, and the company of Zuffa. So I tried like hell to get them to keep me with the company in some significant way and they had nothing for me.
I made them aware that this offer had come onto the table, that the TV thing was heating up for me, that there were significant offers being pushed to me, but I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement to even hear those pitches and could not tell them specifically what was going on or who was offering what.
So, you know, in my professional estimation, they had an opportunity to keep me and use me. They chose not to, and a week later, after this whole thing leaks, they give a job to Matt Hughes in a significant fashion. Frankly that was a big f--k you' to me from Dana. And that's exactly what he intended to do."