View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 01:16 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
1) Unfortunately their methods of running a company are successful from a financial standpoint which to them is the most important. Remember, UFC is a business and not a sport.

I used to work for a company where I didn't feel that they treated people very well. I left on my own rather than risk getting fired because walking on egg shells waiting to get let go wasn't worth it. You never know what criteria they were going to use ie. age, performance, ect. It was the best decision that I ever made. The point is, businesses will operate however they want as long as they are within the law. The UFC is no different and not breaking any laws.

Morals and ethics are thrown out the window for most businesses, they are in it for financial purposes, not to be humane and employ people. That's just how it is....you can wish they actually cared, but they don't. I presume it is like this almost everywhere or there are companies like this everywhere. Unfortunately you just have to build a bridge and get over it!

2) Deserving is in the eye of the beholder and based on any criteria that you want to use. The UFC obviously had a reason to cut these fighters and they cut fighters all the time. This is only a big deal to everyone because one big name was on there. I am not going to argue 'deserving' because there is no cut and dry answer and I am completely ok with there not being one. This is where you and I will always be different, and that is ok too.

3) He may be well liked by the UFC, but again he has a large fan base and another group, me included, that will pay to see him get his a$$ kicked! The UFC knows this and should gain from it, unless they can project him not being worth it which I think he is getting closer to, but not yet.

4) But us, as a fan and friend of some fighters, have to realize that some of our favorites are not 'Ultimate' either. They were given an opportunity to showcase their skills and unfortunately they are not 'Ultimate' at this time. Maybe they were and that is keeping them around, and I am ok with that. They have earned a little leeway.

5) The point is, if they have lost 2 or 3 in a row and whether they are at the end of their careers or not, why should they get to leave graciously when others don't get to? Your side seems to be: everyone treated the same, no favorites. Am I right?

6) They aren't being hypocrites, you cannot look at each situation or fighter the same. If that were the case, why is Ian McCall still around? He is still there because he busts his a$$ every fight and because there are so few fighters in the 125 pound division. There are some divisions have a ton of fighters many more than are needed, why is it so wrong to get rid of some and let them go pursue other opportunities when there just aren't any in the UFC right now.

7) I may be wrong, but I believe Jens chose to leave to go fight at 145 pounds. Still, he won 1 fight under Zuffa since he returned. I love Jens and I love watching him fight, but how he didn't get cut sooner is beyond me. Obviously he is a favorite of Zuffa, is that ok?

8) Businesses that are operating in sports are run entirely different than you want them to. That is a reality. I know that this is not a business, per se, but is it fair for the England national team to cut David Beckham who is still fit to play? Afterall, this would be like firing him and your country seems to have a right to employment. And these guys do get paid to play on this team. Is it possible that this is looked at as an 'honor' to play on that team? Can't it be an honor to fight in the UFC and not a right?
1) Capitalistic Companies are there to make money, I understand that, but there is a point at which their desire to make money often over steps the bounds of morality which should be a concern for everyone

In England the Law keeps a far better ballence in terms of allowing freedom for those who created the business, and own them, but also providing safe guards for those who work in them. In England noone can just get up and leave if they dont like who they work for...if that was the case, we would all have done it...but jobs are so hard to come by these days that if you have a job, you do everything you can to keep it, no matter how shyte your employers get...and believe me, Capitalist Companies, they will do anything to make profit...in harder times when they can not make that profit, they make cuts...when you are in the position of being paid a single persons wage, but doing the job of multiple persons, so the Company doesnt spend so much on wages, you know things are hard

But its ethically wrong to have the ability to dismiss someone for no good and valid reason. In this country, basically, they cant just fire you. They have to follow set guidelines, and they have to be applied to everyone regardless of status...although you find there are people, sometimes so high up that are protected by their status...thats relatively rare now...or at least ive never encountered that.

2) I dont mind that they cut Jon fitch...but a great many Britons are angry that the UFC basically cut nearly all their grass roots potential from this country....is it good business sence to cut upcomming british fighters, when the few british names you have at the top are...basically, crap

3) You want him to stay on...so you can enjoy watching him fail again

4) But some of those cut, were basically ultimate to win, with stoppages three out of five matches, to only have been finished once in the only two losses on your entire record...and to be young enough to bounce back from that...and yet still be granted none of that precious "leeway" The company cant claim its about "ultimates" when it safe guards some obvious failiures can it??

5) I didnt say it was the right thing to do...I just said thats what they do with their favourites...and no I dont think thats right either....I think I refered to it as "Bribes and corruption" "Sucking up and ass kissing" or something like that

6) Let them go persue other opportunities That is the justification I came up with for myself one day in June. I had done absolutely nothing wrong, my Employer had turned against me, out of the blue I was bought into a little room and told to Resign or be fired. I spent the entire day wandering around pondering my decision...I decided that maybe it was okay...I'd just go do something else...having made that decision I went into my local and found others from my work place and told them all about it and they were horrified. They told me that Employers are not allowed to do that, and that I was bloody well going to fight for my rights...I had spent all day turning this ultimatum into a fair agrreement...but it wasnt a fair agreement, it was an ultimatum. I went back to my Employer, told them that I was not going to go quietly, and, as per there side of the deal, they began to fabricate evidences to mount a constructive dismissal campaign...they moved fast because you have to have been working for an employer a year to gain rights of unfair dismissal at a tribuneral...and knowing that, they wanted rid of me quickly.

the Registrar at the first disciplinary was so taken by my stance, he offered to represent me in later disciplinaries but I declined his offer. During the first Disciplinary I lost the pannel, whilst they returned a verdict of guilty, they could not apply any sentance because I had prooved their trial corrupted. I won the second disciplinary...and then they ran out of time for the third...and when I passed my year, the whole thing vanished into the ether...as if It had never happened.

GOD knows what I would have done if they were an At Will employer who didnt need to legitamize themselves...my entire way of life would have been distroyed, I would have been homeless, financially bankrupt. The desperate irony is that particular "company" was NOT a Capitalist Company...It was The Church.

7) I cant remember to be honnest, not without looking it up. I think back then, anyone who had been around a long time was demoted before being given the boot...they could do that because WEC was already seen as having been given the boot from the UFC...it was a demotion.

I dont think he was a favourite...for the reasons I gave before...if he was a favourite he would have been converted to a role as commentator and forced into retirement...perhaps he rejected them...I dont know...I might ask him.

8) It SHOULD be an honour to fight for the UFC...the reason why it isnt is because the UFC dont act in a professional and honourable way to their employees, or...at all....people think that Dana White is so refreshing because he speaks so crudely...but...in a sence he cant be taken seriously, because he says never...then does it, changes his mind, tells us, every new fight is the biggest in UFC history...He's not really a respectable character...and he tarnishes his own belts with fast tracking and the likes.

Respect is earned...its given to mature people, professional organisations...the UFC top brass are neither...well Dana White isnt...the very thought of telling an employee they are cut by Twitter...for example...he appologized...but any true businessman with any credibility would NEVER have ever let that be a possibility. Part of this is because they are too informal...they make too much up as they go along, rather then having a defined standard procedure...they make themselves look illegitamate...the whole reason we are discussing this is exactly why "Honour" is not really involved...You cant really regard the UFC as sacred or with any reverence at all...I dont know if you can ever change that really...I dont know how you'd start...I dont really know if its needed...I just want them to treat these fighters in a just manner