Originally Posted by kevint13
1) It looks that way, but there isn't a rule at all. They do what they want without any guidelines, hence why you are upset. If they had structure in how they cut people we wouldn't be talking about it.
2) I read more into the "be exciting and fight you a$$ off" than "if you lost x in a row you are gone".
3) I hate to even defend Kos, but he is in a way that "company man". He stepped in on short notice to fight Hughes and has offered to do that on several occasions. I am sure that these actions sit well with the company.
4) I did support Max, but I am not about to make it a guideline for every instance. By your logic, lets look at some guys that are on losing streaks that should be gone:
- Rashad Evans - lost last 2, likely not going to be champ again.
- Rich Franklin - 2-2 in last 4, likely not going to be champ again.
- Wanderlei Silva - 2-2 in last 4, likely not going to be champ.
- BJ Penn - 1-2-1 in last 4, likely will not be champ again.
5) Should these guys still be in the UFC based on their last few fights? They all should stay because they are well known names and people want to see them fight.
6) What they have to decide is if the amount of money they have to pay Koscheck is worth it compared to what he does for them. And I would believe that he does still have some value.
7) Let me ask you this Dave and this is not trying to take a shot at your favorite fighter. Do you think Zuffa, as a whole, treated Jens well? They allowed him to stay around and lose 5 fights in a row without releasing him.
1) I think they should have a rule. One Rule, practised over all. You wouldnt tollerate this from a Government would you??? Why tollerate it from any company? Just because it belongs to someone, doesnt give them the right to treat their employees badly....or are you fine with coorperate slaves? You dont want to be slaves to your Government...but your fine being a Slave to your Employer? (I mean...where they act in a morally bankrupt way, obviously)
of course you did...and there is an argument that says Dana White is doing this to try and limit the number of decisions on a card, and just to shake up those who think any loss is good. But if thats true he still did it at the expense of people who didnt deserve to be Cut.
3) You mean he is a Favourite
Thats the problem with at will employers...its bribes and corruption isnt it. if your face fits...if your a "Yes" Man as we put it in England. If you suck up to those in power, and kiss enough ass
4) Oh...I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about clearing the Roster for the elite fighters...not keeping a bunch of "names" Without order there is chaos. For business purposes, you have to be prepared to fire those who are not the elite, or else you arent the "Ultimate" fighting Championships are you?
5) Ludwig Beck was a very high ranking official in the German Army when Hitler came to power. He was one of the key leaders of a plott to kill Adolf Hitler in 1944, a plott which failed. After the Nazi party had reclaimed Berlin they took out those behind the plott, lined them up, and shot them all.
But Ludwig Beck was not amoung them. Because of his Status and his time served in the army, they offered him a pistol, and he did himself.
Dana White has made it clear that BJ Penn should resign and never fight again. That is exactly the same thing. He is offering Penn a way out that would save the embarissment of being forceably removed, by getting him to remove himself. They've done it with Chuck Liddell...and they've done it with Matt Hughes...Dana White made no silence in saying he wanted both to permanently retire..nothing left to proove, etc...and they will do it, no doubt this year to Rich Franklin aswell...I suspect that W.Silva, should he loose his fight next week will jump before he is pushed. He may not expect that level of courtesy from the UFC but cant see him waiting for them...its a phrase known as "falling on ones sword"
Who knows what will happen to Rashad Evans...and frankly...
6) If they dont cut him, they are hypocrits, who lie about wanting only the elite, and just want to keep their friends.
7) Well, they actually moved him from the UFC to the WEC because they couldnt justify him being in the UFC no more. I think during the WEC tenure something was going on with Jens...I'm still certain that he deliberately, for some reason held back in fighting Urijah Faber, I remember discussing that possibility with Jacob Hey at UFC 85 not long after. Jens is a special case even for the UFC because of the whole lower weight class...essentially, the Legacy of Jens Pulver is that you have 155lb fighters, and 145lbs and 135lbs and maybe eventually 125lbs divisions.
I wonder whether they actually trust him though, because they could have used him further and chose not to..I think they feel he might be a loose cannon. The commentating job was absolutely made for him, and they dithered and then never bothered...and they do him a dis-service by putting Mask in the hall of fame and not him.