View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 01:32 AM

Sam Stout vs. Caros Fodor

Round 1:
The referee in charge is Jason Herzog. Stout and Fodor clinch, but they separate and Fodor is pressing forward, but eats a one-two. Pressing Stout against the fence, Fodor lands the scoop double. Stout hits a switch and turns the corner to escape. He now presses Fodor into the fence. Fodor attempts an outside trip, but Stout lands inside trip in a counter. Stout moves to half guard on the left side. Stout now moves to mount and now takes Fodor's back. Stout sits out for an armbar, can't get it and barely attempts a kimura before the end of the round.

Round 2:
Fodor initiates the clinch, but Stout turns him into the fence. Now they're jockeying for position. Hard right hand from Fodor and now Stout presses Fodor into the fence. Two body shots land in succession for Stout. Two-punch-head kick combo nearly lands for Stout and for sure his follow-up body shots do. Nice left hook now for Stout. Fodor lands two lefts. Stout now pressing Fodor into the fence, but not following with a ton of strikes. Fodor changes levels for a takedown and Stout stuffs it, as well as a follow-up knee to the body. Fodor scores a double leg directly at the end of the round.

Round 3:
Stout clinches and presses Fodor into the fence. Outside trip from Fodor, but Stout stands immediately. Right hand finds the mark from Fodor. Inside leg kick from Stout. Fodor changes levels and gets the takedown, but Stout is trying to get to his feet. And he does, but he struggled for it. Inside leg kick from Fodor and he continues to press forward. Two failed trip attempts from Fodor and they're still striking. Left hand from Fodor scores. Stout now pressing Fodor into the fence. Bout ends there.

Sam Stout def. Caros Fodor via split decision (29-28 Fodor, 29-28 Stout, 29-28 Stout)

Split decision?!? I thought Fodor took one round at the most generous of judging. Although I'm just happy my man Sam got the win!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16