View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
1) The point is...they dont need half the TUFers...and they DONT NEED THE WOMEN EITHER.
I agree that they don't need half of them, but to just say that only the two finalists will make it is not right. As for the women, I am fine with them fighting in the UFC, but I don't want it to just be about Ronda.

Quote:
2) I have been to THREE UFC events...UFC 70, UFC 85 and UFC 120 I Know they take Hours to complete...but there are ways the UFC can speed that process up....The other way to do it...is create a sudden death card all of its own...for the Strikeforce contracts.

The UFC dont care about who shows up...thats a minute proportion of the audience...they only care that the tickets are bought...and they are...the people can turn up when they like, or not at all. Incidently...if they dropped their prices, they would get more custom...its too expensive in the UK...MUCH too expensive.
Let's look at this from a different angle. What about the people that have to work at the event. A larger card means that they have to pay more fighters and pay more to workers, the venue, etc. This would likely raise ticket prices.

Quote:
4) That assumes Dana White actually knows what Fans want...How does he know that? I want to see the people I like, Know and care about fighting...I want them to strike the right ballence between being exciting, and being sensible, between standing and trading, and excellent ground work. IF Dana White cuts the people I like...I will follow those people to other organizations...because I dont actually care about the UFC, nor do I care for its Executive...they have given me no reason to care for them, no proof they care about anything but their own agenda, and no understanding of any fighters or fans who arent US Citzens.
I believe that Dana appeases to the majority, which are likely the US fans. That is unfortunately the case for those outside the US, but to think that this dislike from other countries will lead to their demise just doesn't make sense.

I have said before that I have felt bad for the UK fans. I think you all get the crappiest cards when they decide to come to the UK. You all were lucky to get a title fight because most of the time it looks like a regional show with little to no non-UK fighters.

Quote:
5) I think he listens less and less, I think they do surveys and then twist the results to give them what they want. He doesnt want Fans to call his organisation to account, he wants to rule as a dictator. He deliberately sets some fighters up with impossible matches to get as much chance of getting the results he wants. He saves others who should be gone. He has favourites, He pushes others at the expense of those who work really hard. He gives token gestures to fans. If he took things seriously, he would have a team that is constantly patrolling the biggest MMA websites, feeding back ideas, and monitoring public opinion. The ejit hired someone from the Sun newspaper to be on the board to decide the official UFC P4P rankings...and COMPLETELY Excluded Sherdog He did it, because he doesnt like Sherdog...because he cant separate his emotions from his common sence.
All businesses have their 'favorites'....this is nothing new. As for the rankings, it is all media that is creating them. They might as well let us do it as we have as many credentials as they do. There is no good way to do it without a bias and this will ultimately lead to more confusion than doing good. Get a new fan who sees Jon Jones take on unranked Chael Sonnen for the title...how does that work?

Quote:
...and the UFC do not acknowledge letters, nor other means of contact 9 out of 10 times...I had more luck getting through to politicians, then the UFC Brass...that tells you something...You and I...we are nothing to them...they just want your money, and the ability to do whatever the hell they please.
I will never understand this....do you expect them to respond to each and every person that contacts them? This and the internet nowadays, people think that they can have full access to the UFC and Dana. The way people act and treat others where they feel this sense of entitlement is crazy. I don't expect anything from any of them. I buy my ticket, I order the PPV, I buy the t-shirts. I don't expect a thank you or a response. I expect them to give me my money's worth and that is with the best fights that they can make.

Again, I appreciate and respect your passion for the sport.

Quote:
6) Firstly...it would be useful if you told me how long you've been interested in MMA, and been online about the subject. For those of us who have been online for a while, we have seen the effect the UFC expanding into different countries and adding more cards has had...and believe me...its had a negative impact...especially in non American areas...its all but distroyed the MMA Online Communities...Not just this Forum...but litterally loads...the UFC cant even garner a proper active forum on their own website....one off post reactions to news reports are probably post for post, more active then the largest MMA forums...people are ready for something new.
Compared to you I am probably a noob....how is that relevant to this discussion. How has the UFC destroyed this forum? My only complaint about this forum is that at times people treat others with complete disrespect, but that is society not the UFC's fault. But that is the problem with likely all forums and twitter as well.

Here is a blog that I subscribe to of someone that wrote about something very similar today....take a look:

http://shomanart.tumblr.com/post/437...95/haters-ball

Quote:
Now...Dana White hasnt yet struck a name that ammounts to much, he will be disliked in the UK for his actions...which matter if he ever wants to expand and be mainstream here...and some of the guys he cut on the british scene still have the potential to be future champions callibre fighters...he will look dumbass if they do that in another organisation and then refuse to come back...But you should see that there was what I would consider a real bitterness when he threatened Urijah Faber for this next weeks fight...if he really does have to cut hundreds...he WILL start to piss people off if those fighters are well loved and well known...if he goes after Frankie Edgar, Urijah Faber...Whilst taking care of Leonard Garcia, Mac Danzig...then all Bellator will have to do is grow quietly...and people will shift...When I first joined the MMA community, the hardcore fans were of the firm belief that Pride FC was the real top league, and NOT the UFC...not only can it happen again...I now believe it will.
Would you rather have the UFC give a UK fighter 1 maybe 2 fights a year, paying him maybe $15,000 a fight, or give that fighter the opportunity to fight 4 times a year making close to the same amount? I may be way off but I assume that lower to mid-tier fighters likely get paid about the same no matter where they are fighting, to them it is more the "fighting in the UFC" dream. They have too many fighters, partly their own doing, but partly doing the right thing. Look at the Strikeforce guys who were supposed to fight or got shelved while fight cards got cancelled. The UFC could have just severed ties and walked away, but they didn't. They signed these guys and most get to fight in the UFC at least once, but as I have stated, they all know that they can be cut anytime.

I don't think Urijah is as at-risk as they are playing it out to be, but he should be careful. Urijah is what...0-5 in title fights since he was champ. He lost badly in his last fight and another loss would hurt. But here is the thing, the 135 pound division is very small with a handful of top contenders. He also has a huge following and even today could be successful headlining an event.

Let's look at some other fighters....BJ Penn is 0-2-1 in his last 3, should he be around? Frankie Edgar is 0-3...Joe Lauzon is 1-2...Rashad Evans is 1-2, Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit could both be 1-2 after their next fight. Are these all favorites? Probably, but they are putting butts in the seats. I can't speak for Mac Danzig, but Leonard Garcia comes to fight everytime and he is a fighter that I remember. The UFC wants and is trying to make fighters household names....what is wrong with that?

I get being a fan and following your favorite fighters wherever they fight. I get feeling for these guys when they get cut or have something unfortunate happen. That's what makes you a good person. But don't try and take what happens to them personal or hold a grudge. MMA is a sport, the UFC is a business....the two have to be viewed separate.