View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Well, we can be thankful they didn't end up killing those people. I agree that something needs to be done about the police officers involved in those incidents, but I don't agree that they are the same as Dorner. He set out to kill; I don't think they necessarily set out to kill him at the beginning, but I think Dorner made it a probable outcome if he didn't kill himself first. When you say they are EXACTLY like Dorner, how do you mean, exactly?

He was a former cop, one of them before he was fired, he was trained in weapons, he knew how they thought, worked, and reacted to situations so all that gave him an advantage. He set out to kill cops and their families, and he said he wasn't going to be taken alive. It's understandable every law enforcement officer out there would be on edge especially after he started killing, doing exactly what he said he was going to do! It doesn't excuse recklessness on the police's part, but I think we can all appreciate the tremendous pressure and stress they were under trying to find this guy. As long as they didn't know where he was, each of them was wearing a target on their back (not mention their families!). Dorner put a target on his own back, they didn't. His motive was revenge, and he wasn't going to stop until he was dead.

Police aren't perfect and they should be held accountable for their actions, but Dorner is the killer here, he's the one who set all this in motion.
Careful there...because that depends on what you think the trigger was. IF the Trigger was to be wrongly sacked, and if that was ever shown to be a good cause of that being the case, technically speaking, those who fired him set all this in motion.

I dont advocate getting revenge...but I DO understand how it feels to be squashed by a large institution which presents a squeaky clean image, and then plays really dirty politics. I DO understand that where successful that can distroy the life and livelihoods of the people who are hard done by...and these people who engage in that, they never are bought to justice in civil cases.

There should be some accountability within the workplace...now in England there is some accountability by law...but that law doesnt exist in the United States...again, Unions can be abused, they can start sponcering Governmental parties, they can start to cause problems if they dont get their way, when its injust that their demands are met through their sheer size...but they also serve a long forgotten function...to stop some capitalist sacking you simply because he doesnt like you...or framing you with excuses because he doesnt like you in order to get you into trouble...or...telling lies about you. You are NOT protected against that by Law in the US...there is NO proper way to get justice if that happens to you...there isnt proper justice in the UK either...but there are safeguards in law which act as reasonable deterents.

Good men can go bad if pushed to far. they can psychologically snap, or act irratically because they are hurting, or angry, not just at whats happened to them...but what DOESNT happen to those who acted against them.

As far as the mass murderer is concerned....He DID NOT start this....He got to the stage where he felt this was the only way to draw attention to the injustice.

Many families in England are suffering a lot, many businesses also, because of a few wealthy American Businessmen who bent the rules in the financial sector. Noone has been bought to justic over that...being removed from your post with a pay off, doesnt count