View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 03:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Good for you, Nate! This past year I've really been on my sister to stop buying it, telling her how bad it is for my nephew...using "mom guilt".

Any difference in how you feel since you've cut back?
Well, initially I felt pretty crappy. Just tired and lethargic, but that passed after a day or two of just drinking water. Now I've noticed that my sleep schedule has evened out quite a bit. I don't lay in bed for hours unable to sleep anymore, I'm usually asleep within a few minutes now. I also started to notice that I started getting really bad acid reflux after cutting back on the sodas. That's taken a bit longer to correct itself, but cutting down on the deep-fried foods in my diet has helped.

I don't even drink coffee as much as I used to. In the evenings, it's mostly tea or water.

For about 2 years, I was drinking an average of 2-3 20oz bottles of Mountain Dew every single day. And not just the regular stuff, the "with ginseng and extra caffeine" Mountain Dew.

When it wasn't soda it was energy drinks: Red Bull, Full Throttle, Monster, etc. I became quite a connoisseur of those things, like everyone on the night shift at Walmart.

Now I don't touch them.