View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
from what i have percieved, it is all up to dana and his discretion. He relays to the guys that he wants to be there and he has ways of letting them know how badly he wants them there, some guys are all but forced to be there

when you got guys getting stitched up or uncontrollably sobbing in the locker rooms I imagine he understands when they can't/don't make it to the presser, so he just moves on to the next most interesting guy on the list and invites him to be there, sometimes the losers are the ones that the press would want to talk to the most and those are the times he has losers at the press conference---in the end it is all about publicity, this last go round there were alot of big names getting beat, but when you put two big names in the cage together you are obviously going to have some big name losers

Thanks for the reply.

The reason that prompted the question was Alistair. I was curious if he would be at the conference. I think the press would have liked that. He came in preaching big things about this being a warm up fight, not caring about Silva's skills, etc. and he got totally knocked out.