View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
dana is a business man ... his objective now is to ensure bellator doesn't grow .. he needs to kill these other orgs, or keep them small to ensure ufc doesn't lose market share .. randy is a huge name and bellator has that now ...

i also wonder if randy was going for the same job matt was, didn't get it and bolted .... don't know tho ...
I think the UFC just keeps doing what they are doing. They have at least 90% of the best fighters in the world. I don't think it is that big of a deal that Bellator has Randy, he's not fighting so he can't really be the face of the organization.

I don't think he was going for the same job as Matt, but maybe. It sounded like Matt had been doing this job for awhile now and they just announced it.

What I understand and this is all Dana's side is that Randy kinda left awhile ago and then wanted back with the UFC. They gave him the broadcast deal for the Fox shows. He had one more on his contract when all the Bellator news came out. When Dana confronted him about it, he lied and said that he was looking into some other network deals.