View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
1) And we decide now is a good time to give Egypt F-16 fighter jets and tanks while everything is imploding over there! I wonder if we've already sent them over there.

2) Why does Russia keep backing Iran and now Syria?
1) I didnt know the US were giving jets to Egypt I would consider that unwise...I mean, I suppose it might be a good relations issue with the new rebels in power...but now they look set to be displaced by another set of rebels.

Here is a truth...if the Dictator does not threaten beyond his soverignty, and is not into mass genocide...so long as he is friendly, he should be left alone. Because he might be harsh on his people...but that might be easier then allowing them freedom. In a sence...at least you can be sure Order will be maintained. Hosni Mubarack, was a Friend of the West and ran a LIBERAL Egypt. He didnt threaten other middle easter countries. He Didnt aid Palestine. He kept quiet when the Islamic voices sounded off. He didnt commit mass genocide against his own...though, its true, he was a dictator who lived in luxury whilst his people struggled to live at times. What he did was keep order, and kept that area generally safe.

I know the US did not CAUSE the Arab Spring in Egypt...and we all backed the Arab Spring in Libya...but Democratic rights are catching...and its perfectly true to say, once the Freedom Ball started Rolling, the West did nothing to stop it...foolishly they believed that giving an Islamic Country the vote would lead to something better.

I dont call Egypt threatening to attack Israel if they mount a campaign against Palestine something better. I dont count an ellected President who then enforces his own unpopular consitution, which gives him lots of power, something better.

Israel and Jordan are about the only countries who havent been directly damaged by the Arab Spring...its end result was to replace friendly dictators of order, with endless islamic rebellion and riot...and it caused a Civil War in Syria, which issued the first direct threat of the use of weapons of mass distruction (in this case, biological and chemical, rather then Nuclear) since the Cold War.

Food for thought. My Opinion...we were better with what we had, then what we have now. With the exception of Iraq, and Libya...and discounting Afghanistan. The irony is that the only other two countries WORTH an Arab Spring, are the two countries whose people havent managed it...Syria, and Iran. But...frankly, we didnt need a regieme change in Egypt, we didnt need the King of Jordan to take a step back out of fear he would be accused of being a dictator, we didnt need UN recognition of either governments of palestine. We didnt need the instability in Lebanon, nor Oman, now anywhere on the Arabian Peninsular. I personally think that rather then leaving poor Mubarack to the mob, by our silence...we should have negotiated between the rebels and Mubarack...but the US and the UK just watched, and got all excited about what would come next.

2) Dictators are a dying breed...you tend to see them stick together now. Russia is supporting Syria because the two countries are friends. Russia has always held alliances with Bulkan and Middle-eastern Countries. Russia is also quite deliberately being difficult. Vladimir Putin, who just cant fail to get "democratically ellected" in a "unanmous" fashion EVERY SINGLE TIME Hasnt been friendly with Europe or America since the second world war. Some of it was to do with the cold war...some of it is because they have a lot of natural resources, and dont they like to remind us how we are dependant on it. Russia turns off the gas to the Eastern Block whenever she goes on heat...its about the most immature behaviour from an advanced in age culture you will ever come across...she is worse then China because she's so inconsistant...sometimes I feel she just wants to cause contriversy and say the opposite to the US, just for shytes and giggles.

Iran is an interesting one. They have piped up because dead old aminadoddyblat, or whatever the hell his name might be, is heading into another presidential ellection. He's obviously trying to impress the "Voters" with a war cry...We've all done it to win votes at some time or other. They also dislike Israel and her tendancy to bomb whatever she dislikes...especially when the US say nothing much to her...but get really pissy with Iran over the possibility of Nukes...they find that unfair, and so they just love to bleat at any given opportunity..."Lets take it to the UN" they say" Yeah...thats the same UN that hates you for your nuclear programme...so dont try to act all kosher now someone else is breaking the rules

Honnestly, they are like Children