View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:56 PM

Yuri Alcantara vs. Pedro Nobre

Round 1:
Referee Dan Miragliotta oversees the bout. Alcantara misses with a flying knee right off the bat. Groin shot from Nobre briefly delays the action. Alcantara stretches out and paces around a little. Nobre is warned and we're back. Nobre ducks under a punch, responding with a sharp counter to the body. A scramble ensues and Alcantara winds up on top, hunting for an kimura. Nobre muscles out, but gives up his back in the process. Alcantara rains down a salvo of strikes and short elbows. Miragliotta warns Alcantara for shots to the back of the head, and after a few more punches, stops the action. The strikes appear to have been legal on the replay, mainly landing on the ear of Nobre, but the decision has already been made. Nobre remains facedown on the mat. He may not be able to continue. Yep, the doctor waves off the fight. Incredibly bizarre finish here.

Yuri Alcantra vs. Pedro Nobre ruled no contest (strikes to the back of the head) at 2:11 of round 1.

I didn't see any direct strikes to the back of his head. I mean, Nobre survived that armbar attempt, WTH? I think he knew he was beat and took advantage of Mergliotta warning Alcantara about the back of the head strikes.

Well, Dana agrees with me.

Quote:
Dana White‏@danawhite

That was BS!!! Pedro is an award winning actor and horrible call by Dan M

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16