View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

We have an update.

The British Prime Minister cancelled his European Speech due to the African Oil Hostage crisis...But he has reschedualed it for next week.

upon hearing that, the Prime Minister received a DIRECT CALL from The President of the United States of America, who told him that if he went ahead with the speech and dared to give his people a say in a European Union Referendum, that our "special relationship" would pretty much be over.

Would that be the special relationship that means when America tells us to jump, we ask how high? perhaps it is not in our best interest to have a "special Relationship" with someone who is always tettering on the edge of a fiscal cliff.

I get it that its in Americas best interest for a strong British Voice in Europe...why? because it is the ONLY way America has any control over Europe since she is made of nations who went cold on the US about Ten Years ago....What is unbelievable, is that in the sake of HIS Nations best interest...please note WE are NOT an American State...he would tell another world leader to act like a despot and not listen to the voice of their people....and then assume that those people considered him friendly towards them...? I get that that is how States within the Federation act...but...we are not in His Federation.

The President of the United States of America hath NO Jurisdiction in this realm of England...The Truth is, only in America is it believed that we DO have a "special relationship" The people of England have no wish to join the American Federation...We value our own State Soverignty...that is why we dont want to be part of a European Federation either...We would like to be FREE...I dont understand why that is such a difficult concept for America to understand...the Federal Government, may have effectively torn up the Constitution...but in England, the founding documents of Our "Constitution" are still adhered to...and we wish a resurgence of those values in the wake of a monster rising in Europe much akin to your Federal Government post your Civil War...We dont want that...and whats more...I have every faith that just as the Prime Minister is ignoring Germany, the Opposition, and his coillition partners...He WILL defy America...just as he did with the Extradition Treaty.

The sooner the White House, Congress, and the American people catch on, the better. Now the United States can go represent itself in Europe rather then spunging off our good name. Now the United States can deal with Soverign nations who have no quarms in telling them to piss off when they have overstept the mark....and if President Obama is really wanting to soil relations with one of the few countries which up to now HAS done his bidding, HAS been friendly to him, HAS supported him...perhaps he would like to remove his Listening Posts from Englands Soil...and see if France would like them instead....or any European Country...And I think if he dared to forge some kind of alliance with Germany...you might just see us stand "shoulder to Shoulder" with China and Russia

This...if you bother to hold to the principles of the Declairation of Independance is what Soverign States are permitted to do...make, and change trade negotiations with whomever they want...I assume just as that applied to the Collonies trading with France at a time of war within the Empire...so it applies to us trading with the European Union in a time where America cant deal with Europe Directly due to their own past bad behaviour.

If my Leader was acting as badly as yours, I would be ashamed of him and profusely appologising on his behalf...and thats not even coming from someone who adheres to the US Constitution, or freedom through democracy as defined by Americans...

Barack Obama piles pressure on David Cameron over EU exit
Downing Street plays down US President’s personal intervention ahead of Europe speech

David Cameron’s trouble-prone strategy on Europe suffered another setback when US President Barack Obama made a personal appeal to him not to allow Britain to drift out of the European Union.

Mr Obama’s intervention came only hours before the Prime Minister was due to make his landmark speech on the UK’s relationship with Europe.

Mr Cameron had planned to warn that the British public could “drift towards the exit” of the EU unless it reformed.

But Mr Cameron called off his speech in Amsterdam so that he could remain in London to deal with the unfolding hostage crisis at a BP gas complex in Algeria.

Downing Street did not reveal Mr Obama’s plea but the White House disclosed: “The President underscored our close alliance with the United Kingdom and said that the United States values a strong UK in a strong European Union, which makes critical contributions to peace, prosperity, and security in Europe and around the world.” No 10 had said earlier that the two leaders discussed the Algeria situation.

Today Downing Street confirmed that Mr Cameron and Mr Obama spoke about the postponed Europe speech and agreed that a debate was needed because of concerns in Britain, “but the hope is that Britain will stay in”.

Mr Cameron’s official spokesman played down any differences with the American President, saying the telephone call was “very friendly, very constructive.”

Mr Cameron’s spokesman added: “The US were stating their position. That is one we entirely agree with.”

The Prime Minister’s aides insisted there was no conflict because Mr Cameron – in the long-delayed speech that he may now deliver next week – will make clear that he does not want Britain to leave the EU.

He will say: “I want the European Union to be a success and I want a relationship between Britain and the EU that keeps us in it.”

Martin Callanan, chairman of the European Conservatives and Reformists group in the European Parliament, said it was very important for the Tories to offer a “solid commitment” to a referendum, which would help to see off the threat from the UK Independence Party (Ukip), which supports Britain’s withdrawal from the EU.

He told the BBC’s Daily Politics programme: “Clearly they [Ukip] are going to take votes away from us, anybody who doesn’t vote Conservative is a threat for us and I think Ukip is a genuine problem.

“It gives us a chance to say to the many disenchanted Conservative voters, ‘here is the referendum that you want’, and it’s only a Conservative government that’s going to deliver it. Ukip aren’t going to be in power after the next election.”

Latest opinion polls show that Mr Cameron is on safe ground in arguing that the “status quo” in Europe is not acceptable. The public agrees.

But the polls also suggest that Nick Clegg’s belief that Mr Cameron is “playing with fire” by offering a referendum might also be right. According to YouGov, only 50 per cent of the public would vote to stay in the EU if Mr Cameron renegotiated the UK’s relationship with it, told them Britain’s interests were protected and recommended continued membership on new terms. Some 25 per cent said they would still vote to quit the EU, while the others were either unsure (20 per cent) or would not vote (5 per cent).

Joe Twyman, YouGov’s director of political and social research, said: “When given a straight ‘in/out’ choice, currently public opinion is strongly towards withdrawal, and when given the option of staying in the EU on renegotiated terms there is still only 50 per cent support.

“Therefore, David Cameron will have to hope he is able to persuade enough voters that whatever negotiation he does achieve is accepted by the British people, because if he doesn’t then we could well be headed for the Brexit he hopes to avoid.”