Thread: Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:21 AM

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html
This is a link to the Ruger website advocacy page. They will send copies of the letter below, in your name, to: "the President, Vice-President, your Senators, Representative, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, State-Level Elected Officials and State Attorney General." All you have to do is enter your contact information.

Quote:
Dear (Recipient),

I am a law-abiding citizen and responsible gun owner.

I am saddened by the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, but I believe that efforts to impose new restrictions on me and other lawful and responsible owners like me are misguided. Did you know that violent crime with firearms has declined since the Federal "assault weapons ban" expired in 2004?

Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NICs checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System). Do NOT pass more gun laws; instead, work to enforce the more than 20,000 gun laws already on the books.

I am your constituent and I vote. Please represent me.

Sincerely,
(Your Contact Information)