Thread: Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, then what about hiring armed guards for schools? This way they'd have adults monitoring the hallways who's primary responsibility is the safety of the school.

However, I don't understand this idea of yours that a teacher would necessarily be incompetent in the proper handling and use of a firearm. Where are you getting that from? I'm thinking you are forming too many of your opinions about guns based off of what you see on television.
if parents in a certain district want guards for a school and if they agree to a tax increase to get a company to do it, sure .. why not ... at least the company is hired for that specific task and trained on it ... its not so much teachers that are incompetent, its the whole issue of their job .. if the shooting happened in a dmv would the talk be arming all tellers at the dmv? or after the shooting at the theatre, was their talk of arming all those who work the concession stands? imo, if you are going to arm people as part of their jobs, its easier said than done ... do they get compensated? who buys the guns and ammo, who pays license fees and for training? how often are they trained? did they also get resiliency training so they don't go postal now that they have a loaded gun in the room .. i wouldn't feel safe sending my kids to a school with an armed teacher (or to the movies with armed tellers) if many of these questions have been thoroughly answered ..