View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I just take the word and meaning for what it is. It's based on unfairness. That is just something I don't have in my soul. If I prefer my wife over any other woman, it's completely a fair decision based on our relation ship and vows taken under God. The same goes for my children. Their welfare isn't associated with me based on unfair preferences I give them.
Of course a bias is based on unfairness. Did you try out every woman on the planet before you decided that your wife was the right one for you? I would assume the answer to that is no, so isn't your decision to prefer your wife over any other woman an unfair one?

Also you don't really choose your children, you just kind of get stuck with whatever you get. So, how do you know that there aren't other children out in the world more worthy of your care than the ones that you just happen to share DNA with? Doesn't seem fair to me. (In case you can't tell, I'm being more than a little tongue-in-cheek with these responses. No offense is intended.)

As Christians we are actually required to be biased, because GOD Himself is biased (Malachi 1:2-3; Exodus 33:19; Romans 9:18). It's not fair, but then again was it fair that Jesus Christ had to suffer and die for the rest of us when He never did anything wrong? But I digress, because I don't think we, as sinful human beings, want to travel too far down that road of fair vs. unfair when it comes to GOD. Because if we got what was fair, then we would all be in Hell right now.