View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
come on flo ... i am not ridiculing you ... i am saying, i have been on here for a while now, and between here and the christianity section, it has been said that all things from god is biblical or can be found in the bible, ie homosexuality is wrong, gay marriage is wrong etc .. because it is in the bible ... that is why i am asking about the constitution and the bible ... are all the rights in there traceable to the bible??? i mean, as a canadian i can say that universal health care is my god given right ... i mean, i can say that all i want, but i doubt i can find any biblical sense to say it is god given .. nate provided a quote about jesus asking for people to get swords ... but jesus also said he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword when one of his apostles was seemingly defending jesus ...
I already explained it quite clearly...

The Constitution isn't necessarily something from the bible. The Bill of Rights is included so that the Government understands that they aren't able to "take away" rights given by God. I'm not sure why you don't understand that concept.