View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
law enforcement are paid to protect the public and in doing their duty they routinely
have to deal with gun toting criminals and need access to something other then a hunting rifle
to protect themselves from harm.

private citizens on the other hand hardly ever encounter criminals,most of the time a persons life is only endanger when a mentally disturbed person
flips out and trys to kill everyone in sight...or maybe its someone thats just had enough of their spouse or family or coworkers,but no matter what the reason if these
people didnt have access to hand guns and assault rifles the death toll would surly be a lot lower.
a person can be killed by any gun but to kill a group of people it is much easier
with a semiautomatic or fully automatic hand gun or rifle then it is with a hunting rifle.
Police are more often called to crime scenes that criminals have already confronted civilians. Why do you think Police need more than a hunting rifle, but civilians don't? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Police are victims of crimes far less than civilians. "Let's go rob the police... even though they have guns", or "Let's rob people that probably don't have guns, training, bullet res vests on, etc., etc." I don't know where you came up with the
Quote:
private citizens on the other hand hardly ever encounter criminals,most of the time a persons life is only endanger when a mentally disturbed person
flips out and trys to kill everyone in sight
That's insane to even believe that lol. Police just rarely encounter criminals until those criminals have already committed a crime. smh
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
sorry to hear that,hope your wife is okay,that indeed would be a very stressful thing to go through and it will take sometime to get over.

Did the person robbing your home have a gun huan ?

have the police found him or are they looking for him ?

i never made anything up huan...the police do indeed confront a lot more criminals then civilians do.

and i have plenty of experience with guns.
See, your own example here... the police have to find the criminals to deal with them, AFTER that criminal already victimized a civilian.