View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
It is beyond obvious that you have little to no experience with firearms, as these types of opinions tend to go hand in hand with being uninformed. and your made up statistics about cops encountering more criminals than citizens is also laughable. tell that to my wife who walked in on someone robbing our home yesterday. it happens, and a heck of a lot more than you think.
Huan, that's horrible, I hope your wife is OK and that they weren't able to get away with anything! I worry about the same thing.

And you are absolutely correct, in large part the police come after the crime or, in the best-case scenario, during. They cannot anticipate crime, they respond to it. We law abiding citizens are the ones who must initially confront criminals (except in the obvious cases such as motor vehicle infractions, etc) and I want to have the protection and reassurance of a firearm if I have to confront a break-in or assault until the police can arrive.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16