View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I don't understand this concept at all. Cops can carry the guns you don't feel private citizens should have.... how does that make any sense by your line of thinking? Cops can kill the bad guys, but private citizens can't? What's the deal here? Why shouldn't my brother be able to protect himself, but I can?

I've yet to see anyone actually debate and offer some actual logical information that explains why law enforcement and military should get the guns that citizens will "soon" not be allowed to buy.
law enforcement are paid to protect the public and in doing their duty they routinely
have to deal with gun toting criminals and need access to something other then a hunting rifle
to protect themselves from harm.

private citizens on the other hand hardly ever encounter criminals,most of the time a persons life is only endanger when a mentally disturbed person
flips out and trys to kill everyone in sight...or maybe its someone thats just had enough of their spouse or family or coworkers,but no matter what the reason if these
people didnt have access to hand guns and assault rifles the death toll would surly be a lot lower.
a person can be killed by any gun but to kill a group of people it is much easier
with a semiautomatic or fully automatic hand gun or rifle then it is with a hunting rifle.