View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
my attitude is disrespectful ? no more then yours is Nate.

one of the children that was killed on Friday actually lived in my community and
a few months ago her family move to Newtown in order for her mother to take a job there.
now although i didnt know this girl personally i have a friend that knew her and her family very well and i have been talking with him about this tragedy ever since Friday...
my friend and his family are mourning the loss of not only this girl but all the victims and im grieving right along with him.

now,as far as my anti-gun opinions go...well,i dont have a problem with guns at all,in fact i probably own more guns then you do...
but i dont have any hand guns or assault rifles because i see those as weapons intended for one purpose only...killing people.....and i dont think they should be in a private citizens hands.

and while i dont have any my brother in law does,he owns a few hand guns but he keeps them in lock boxes and the lock boxes are kept inside a gun safe
and he is the only person in his family that can get at them...no one else knows the combination to his safe...not even his wife.
he does however have numerous other guns as in hunting rifles that his family does have access to.

so you see Nate...every assumption you made,was wrong.
I don't understand this concept at all. Cops can carry the guns you don't feel private citizens should have.... how does that make any sense by your line of thinking? Cops can kill the bad guys, but private citizens can't? What's the deal here? Why shouldn't my brother be able to protect himself, but I can?

I've yet to see anyone actually debate and offer some actual logical information that explains why law enforcement and military should get the guns that citizens will "soon" not be allowed to buy.