View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

You know what...if they really wanted to follow the constitution, then lets put it into context and say the ONLY firearms that an American should have are the firearms that were available in the 1700s. Because I dont think their forefathers imagined that they would start claiming that having to have large, quick fire, military grade weapons, were even included in an Amendment.

I'd be okay with that.

The Right to bear arms, therefore does not extend beyond what your forefathers knew as firearms. Anyone who thinks differently is using the consitution out of its historical context...they are extending the brackets to include things that cant have been sanctioned because they hadnt been invented yet!

Its ironic that this document is twisted as much by the conservatives for their love of guns, as it is by the liberals for their love of transitory fads.
Are you kidding me?! Dave you are way smarter than that. The right to bear arms was for the purpose of defense. More specifically, it was to keep the local Militias armed. That being the case, based on what you are saying, we should only be allowed to defend ourselves with muskets?!
BTW. Over here in the USA, some of us love to shoot guns. Like, for fun. To some, its a sport. You can call it, trying to be more manly if you want, I dont care. We work, earn money, pay bills, then if we can afford it afterward, we purchase a gun or ammo and shoot. (and i promise you that none of us give a crap if anyone thinks we do it to be more of a man)
I have been quiet on this issue but man, come on.
AND! The comment before about banning guns that look like machine guns is nuts. So because a gun is black and has a larger magazine(that's a "clip"), it should be banned? Well, then i guess we cant have black handled kitchen knives because they look like small swords and heaven knows that swords have been used to kill a whole bunch of people. Guess even machetes are out of the question as well. Sorry fellas, we are going to have to gnaw our ways throught the brush instead of using a machete because it looks like a sword. I can keep going based on this ignorant way of thinking!
We should ban black or brown trucks because they look like military vehicles.
A hunting shotgun with buck shot could have killed more people in less time than that kid with the AR15 did in CT.
The fact is, PEOPLE commit crimes. Not guns.
According to the FBI, the #1 wepon of choice in violent crimes is a baseball bat. Why arent people trying to restrict baseball bat ownership? Could it be because they are used also for sport? hmmmm. Imagine that. If you really want to split hairs, look at the baseball bat. Looks like a club. What was the original use for a club?....... you see where Im going with this?

The limits need to be reasonable, yes. No need for a citizen to have a full auto weapon or grenades. I agree. I know some lame arguments will be thrown my way on this and when I get back on I will shoot them down or reason with them, but they better be stronger than, "well they look bad".

No disrepect brother. I love you man. I hope I havn't made a bunch of folks mad but, come on.