View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Sick people in this world.

I propose teaching all teachers about gun safety and how to shoot. Then, every classroom should have a loaded shotgun in a locked cabinet. Each teacher would have the responsibility of defending their students.

Maybe the knowledge of armed teachers would be enough to keep these a-holes out of the schools in the first place.
That wouldn't necessarily help if the "crazy" is a student (or teacher) in the school, who would then have access to that weapon. If they know it's there, believe me, they'll find a way to get ahold of it. Not to mention, if it's known publicly that there are loaded weapons to be had there, those that would try to steal them. I don't think there's any way to be totally prepared for people who are angry and decide others are going to pay.

They reported that this school was normally locked down at 9:30, and anyone wanting to get in after that time had to identify themselves before being admitted. The shooter's mother worked there as a teacher so he might have been well known there and easily admitted, or maybe he went in before. They reported that his mother was found dead at her home there in Newtown, CT. I think her classroom was one of the rooms he went into where he shot and killed the children. He was obviously one messed up human being!

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-15-2012 at 03:42 AM.