View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 03:02 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
If I'm remembering correctly (and please correct me if I'm not) Condit was supposed to fight GSP first until Dana started jerking him around by putting Diaz in that spot, and then when Diaz had it, he blows off the publicity promotion he was supposed to be at.
Bonnie, it was actually GSP/Diaz first. Then Nick blew off the press conference so Condit got the fight, then GSP got hurt the first time. It was kinda interesting because they just swapped opponents as Condit was to fight Penn. Then after Diaz beat Penn, then they gave him the shot back, until GSP got hurt again.

Dana is running this as a business and not really using rankings. People want to see GSP/Diaz, including me. However, Hendricks is clearly the #1 contender and should get the fight unless they make Silva/GSP. Another prime example of Dana's way is with the LHW division. He gave the shot to Chael as that is what the fans wanted, but now Henderson is getting passed up by Gustaffson for being injured back in August. IMO, Hendo is still the #1 contender. It is like the starting QB getting hurt and losing his starting position when he gets healthy.