View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I don't see what the big deal is with Tito telling her to turn down the fight, I think it is smart to hold off a little. PED's or not, she will still have to cut weight and who knows how that cut will go. I think it is smart for her to try a trial cut and see.

Meisha stated that she was not offered the fight. And Sara, she is coming off an injury and doesn't feel ready yet. She is not well known and once she gets more recognized, they can then build the fight up as Olympic medalists against each other. Also, I don't see Sara as being the one to talk trash and call out Ronda....she has been pretty quiet and wanting to build herself more. I think this is just Ronda causing trouble.

This is all just the media looking for a story. The bigger question is, do you think Rousey/Carmouche is worthy of a UFC main event and a PPV? This fight is supposed to be in LA and I considered going until I found this to be the main event. Sorry, but not paying UFC ticket prices for this main event.
Rousey/Carmouche? Maybe, maybe not. First Women's Title Fight in UFC History? Absolutely.

And I agree with Mike, when I am looking at nearby UFCs & considering whether or not to go, I rarely base my decision solely on the main event, especially with the injury bug recently.