View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
He is not one of my favorites to watch either, but he was a step above Cruz IMO. I want to see how he does without that toothpick in his mouth as I know that is helping him focus and remain calm.
He was several steps above Cruz against Diaz. I think some people have confused his overall style with his two fights against Frankie. Those fights were not very exciting in large part due to Frankie's elusiveness and pitter patter in & out punching style. Ben's had some great fights against Cerrone, Pettis, and now Diaz. Nate's face was messed up in the post fight presser.

Quote:
I was beginning to think that part of his problem is that he doesn't know how to interact with people very well. I thought he seemed incredibly awkward on that 'Road to the Octagon' show.
I think you may be right...cameras and microphones don't seem to be his friends.

Quote:
I would like to see him rematch Condit also. I did find it funny that he talked a lot of s#!t about BJ wanting to fight him for the wrong reasons ie. legacy, yet he wants to fight Condit for revenge and because he was humiliated. I like the Condit fight, but I think I would rather see him fight Hendricks for the #1 contender.
Do you mean Rory, or Condit for fighting Hendricks? Rory & Hendricks would normally make sense if GSP is fighting Nick next, and Hendricks will be without a fight for a long time. But, Rory has said both at the Q&A and at the post fight presser that he won't fight GSP as they are good friends, so there's really no point putting him into a #1 contender's match. Mind you if he fights & beats Condit, that pretty much makes him the #1 guy in my mind anyway. If GSP does move up to 185, I think it may be in part to give Rory his shot at 170 gold.