View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
The first one, beautiful imagery, and just incredible how high their voices go. Beautiful.

Both, very good.
The second one is quite a standard choral anthem type version, its a bit strange, but once it gets going it flows so nicely that by the time they re-introduce the bass stanzas on the opening phrase, it makes more sence against the harmony

The first one is done by a group called Libera...which is Latin for "Free" or "Save" its where the root of the word "Liberation" comes from for example "Libera me domine di morte aeterna" means "Free me", or "Save me" or "Liberate me" "Lord from Eternal Death" Its a word most commonly found with the Requiem Literny, which of course is what the early part of the Kingdom Season is all about, remembrance of the dead, followed by Judgement, which is what the latter part of the season hinges on. Their Style is a Trebble based Choral, and many of their pieces are ethereal to put it best. If you enjoyed that, you might like to listen to the Lament For Jeruselum, Which is based on Jeremiahs Lament (O Vous Omnies) which describes the level of distress that Jeremiah feels when after the Babylonian Conquest. Jeremiah pleaded with Israel to listen to the Lord and to stop being a Rebellious House...but he was unsuccessful, and when their was a rebellion against the Babylonians, the superior power squashed the Temple quite litterally and stole all of the Consecrated Items. This pretty much distroyed Jeremiah who loved the Temple and was thus forced to witness its demolition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2HIqtQXx3o

We must remember, that as we reflect on the Kingdom Season, Israel and Palestine are once again tense with each other. I warned people when the arab spring happened, that removing Hosni Mubarack was a bad idea because of its allowance to let the Islamic Brotherhood come to power...you might like to know that Israel probably wont be invading Palestine any time soon...why? Because for the first time Egypt has decided to take sides. Egypt has always been silent to the Palestinians under Mubarack...now its threatening to defend them. Democrasy in the middle east has lost the west a friend, and threatened Israel further.