10-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Waiting for June 6th
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
A really rough re-cap of the interview:
- "Not saying I've closed the door [on his career], but my hand's on the door handle"
- Has really enjoyed spending this year helping to raise his kids, it's made his focus shift.
- Working with a company to get MMA into the Olympics
- Creating a US amatuer organization
- Talked with other countries
- Paperwork is done to apply
- Wants to help the UFC fix the juding situation (thinks it's the weakest portion of MMA today)
- Would be willing to be a judge, but "If I'm a judge, I can only help the guy in front of me"
- Would like to be part of a judging school of some sort
- Damage should be #1 priority for judging
- Won't say 10-9 doesn't work, but definitely think it needs a lot of tweaking
- Not sure why there are so many injuries now
- Guys are making decisions differently than we used to
- Gave up the H.I.T. Squad because of a battle at home
- Wife didn't like him being gone so much & he was doing most of his training in Utah anyhow, so he gave up the gym to get a W at home
- TRT - Don't know much about it
- "Everybody oughta step in there the way they are"
- "Never took anything that wasn't in a GNC store ready to go into a shaker"
- Thinks GSP takes Condit "as long as his mind's right"
- Thinks GSP is the WW GOAT "Georges beat me twice"
- No one out there he's itching to fight
- Doesn't care what Dan Hardy has to say
- "According to the Bible & the law, I haven't done anything wrong"