View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
No, they can't try him in Minnesota. 'Extradition' is one of the jobs I did when I worked for the sheriff's dept. You can't legally bring a prisoner across state lines and try him unless he signs a waiver agreeing to go back to that state. The prisoner will get sort of a mini trial at first. The judge will ask him to sign a waiver, if he refuses the judge will either hold with no bond until the orginal state can start the extradition process or set the prisoner a bond (not likely, lol). However, it only wastes time and money because if he refuses (that is where my crappy part came in, lol) you prepare an Order for Extradition, the case goes to the state attorney general, then to be signed by a higher court. That Order goes to a state judge where he was arrested and the judge rules on whether to send the guy back or not. In all my years doing it, no judge ever denied us. A state pretty much isn't going to spend that kind of money without good cause.

There are other ways around all the red tape, too. But that is probaly tmi.
Is the Extradition order the same method as if you were deporting someone to outside the US??