View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 PM

Mike Pierce vs. Aaron Simpson

Round 1:
Daryl Guthmiller is the referee for this welterweight fight. The two Greco clinch in center Octagon and break about 30 seconds later. Pierce clinches Simpson against the fence. Simpson with a high kick coming off the break. Two minutes left. Pierce stalks Simpson but Simpson tags him and lands a knee. Pierce grabs a single leg and won't let go. My TV feed goes out for about 30 seconds. By the time it's back, Simpson has Pierce in a choke as the round ends.

Round 2:
Simpson gets sloppy coming in and Pierce absolutely tags him with a short right hand on the jaw. Pierce follows up with a series of right hands and that's all she wrote.

Mike Pierce def. Aaron Simpson via TKO at 0:29 of round two.

I like both guys but was rooting for Aaron. I hope Dana doesn't cut him, although his overall record is good, he's had far too many decisions for a fighter who started out with TKOs and a sub for the earlier half of his record. I wonder what happened? Maybe he just reached his pinnacle and that's it?

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Last edited by flo; 10-05-2012 at 11:31 PM.