View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I've read that defense that he's merely trying to make the extension apply to everyone, but from what I understand (and I'm not a lawyer, so I can only form my opinions based on what lawyers say) that's essentially a lie and a diversion away from their real purpose.

Like I said, the military tends to vote very conservative and Obama just opened up all of the US Armed Forces for homosexuals to serve openly. He's not going to be very popular among the military (I was in the Army when DADT was passed and I expect the reaction to this to be about the same). Also, I remember reading a story back in 2008 about lost absentee ballots from military bases that were never counted. It probably wouldn't have been enough to change the results of the election, but it seems to me that Obama is covering all of the bases to try to ensure that he stays in office.

At this rate, if Obama wins a second term, then I expect him to be working to find a way around the 2-term limit four years from today.
I agree, I don't think it's so much wanting to "include" everybody, but rather trying to find a way to limit or impede any vote they feel is going to go against them. That disgusting Obama super PAC ad by Priorities USA accusing Mitt Romney of killing a woman has proven to me beyond any doubts that Obama and his minions will stop at nothing to win his re-election. The guy from Priorities USA who's been all over tv is a liar, Stephanie Cutter, Obama's Deputy Campaign Manager is a liar, and I'm sorry, but who are they lying for, so yeah, I'm calling the President a liar too. He's not the first president to lie and I'm sure he won't be the last, but it still doesn't make it right. While this ad was playing all over tv, the President was giving a speech complaining about, "You've got these super PACs just going crazy." If he was trying to make himself look innocent or not a part of what's going on with his campaign and these ads, he failed, he only made himself out to be a big fat hypocrite. But then, that's nothing new with him. He talks the talk, but don't walk the walk.

I know both sides are guilty of questionable tactics, but putting out an ad basically saying, "Mitt Romney killed my wife.", that's just disgraceful! And that man, Mr. Soptic, should be ashamed of himself, using his wife and her death to promote a lie to smear a man.