View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
sorry if i don't feel all that bad.... i'm not going to board the hype train that tells me how bad this is and then says we should "control" guns. I guess I shouldn't say i don't feel bad.... I just don't feel any worse than any other day considering the 1000's of babies that are killed, the dozens of people who are killed by alcohol, the dozens of people that are killed by tobacco, even the number of people that are killed by physician error every day.... why are we not lowering the flag to half staff for them? why do we not mourn them.....???? call me desensitized, but i'd be happy if there were only 12 people that innocently died every day due to alcohol or abortion, but since the government makes money off of it and alot of people utilize or enjoy it or whatever then that is a loss we are willing to endure and overlook, calling it choice....

guess that guy just chose to be a murderer, seemed like a normal dude up until he snapped,,,, guess he was just born that way and we should tolerate it. how else should i think, i am not allowed to consider morals or biblical standards, like absolute truths or something....
This was a planned act of violence against other humans. Your examples are not planned by someone (I am not going to include abortion because that all depends on how someone views the unborn child as a being). There are risks with having a surgery, using tobacco and alcohol, heck even driving your car and people are presented with these warnings. There should not be a risk of death by going to the movies or going to school (Columbine, Virginia Tech, etc.).