View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:19 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I don't mean he would get more or less credit. You and me both know Boxing isn't about who is the best and the best fighting the best.Boxing is about who will make you the most money if you beat them.

MMA is not at that level quiet yet.

If they are both the best fighters and the only ? mark in there careers is gonna be if they ever fought who would have won? (example Mayweather v Pacman) Why shouldnt they fight? And you cant say Silva isn't the same fighter he was 3 years ago cause he seems the same or better.
MMA is definitely on that level, and it's because of boxing and pro-wrestling. UFC guys may not be making Mayweather money right now, but the business is still quite similar.

I am not saying they "shouldn't" fight. As a fan, I'd love to see it happen this Saturday. I'm saying it's probably not in either fighters best interest right now. Mayweather/Pacquiao is a good comparison in terms of a "superfight" for MMA, but that's also been 5 years in the making, and just like Silva I don't take anything away from Floyd if that fight doesn't happen (we also know there are a lot more factors in those negotiations than would be with Jones/Silva)