View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 05:12 AM
Networker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

Worship isn't for our benefit or entertainment, it's for GOD and GOD alone. Anytime worship gets contaminated by our own personal interests, then it's no longer worship, it's idolatry.
Sweet! You who liked this (three weeks ago) are not alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
nate, i cannot believe how close our convictions are to each other, this may be the best post this year..... all i have to say to this is amen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Chris F View Post
Well truth always bears witness and sometimes convictions can be a good thing. As Nate said it is all about God not out entertainment.
Quote:
Not just in a church building. Every word, deed, thought and intention of a Christian should be focused on Christ every moment of their life for the rest of their life.

Of course, it's an impossible standard for us to keep, which is why we need Christ, but it's the minimum that GOD requires. GOD never lowers His standards to accommodate people and neither should we.
Quote:
I disagree that a church is "as close to Jesus as they ever get" when it comes to unbelievers.

The Great Commission isn't Jesus telling Christians, "Do everything you can to get sinners inside the church building. I don't care what you have to promise them in order to coerce or lure them in there, just make sure that they sit there for an hour on a Sunday morning and that's it."

The Great Commission is Jesus sending us out into the world to meet sinners were they are at. So when you go to your job, just remember that you are to be a reflection of Christ, thus your workplace is as close to Jesus as some of those people will ever get. The same would be true when we are at school, college, restaurants, baseball games, movie theaters, etc.
One church I recently attended one week used Beatles parodies, where they tweak only some of the words, maybe 20%, to make it "worshipy." It was somewhat uncomfortable, like they were cool for using Beatles and "fixing" it. Relating to the last post quoted, does it seem like too many have twisted being "all things to all men," what Paul said he did, into a form of "Do as the Romans do" ? That's not what Paul meant.