View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 03:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
I didnít say that, and yes, I disagree with that also. If you think that all churches are Ďsit there for an hour on a Sunday morning and that's ití churches, I can see why you would have a problem with that.

By the way, if you donít go to a church, in what venue do you fellowship with your fellow Christians, if you do?
I'm a member of the Presbyterian Church here and I try to be active within the congregation. I help run the projection system during the services and I recently joined the Music & Worship committee ironically enough.

I just think that some Christians get so hung up on the idea of the Church as a building that they believe their primary mission is to get people inside those doors no matter what and that's where their obligation ends. Jesus counts the number of heads they bring in the door, punches their spiritual scorecard, and they are then free to do whatever they want after that. Which includes ignoring the guests they just brought in the door.

As a kid who grew up in the Church, I saw that kind of attitude a lot in many of the "seeker friendly" churches we got stuck in occasionally. People were encouraged to do whatever was necessary to get others into the church building for big events and then they would have some kind of staged entertainment designed to make people happy and excited. And if someone got really happy and really excited, then they might think, "Hey, I really like this whole Jesus thing, I think I will become a Christian."

All that creates is false, carnal Christians who are only into the Church for what they can personally get out of it.