View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I actually believe this ceased to be the case at some point between Christ's birth and Pentecost. Probably right at the moment when the veil of the Temple was torn in two while Christ was on the cross.

After Pentecost, it became clear that a temple was unnecessary, since it's the believers that are important not any sort of manmade structure. So I do not believe in calling any church the "house of GOD." The last building that GOD referred to as His house was destroyed in 70 AD and has never been rebuilt.
I said it was symbolic, rather then actual.

The spliting of the Curtain wasnt to do with distroying the ikon of the Temple, it had more to do with expanding the Kingdom beyond merely the Chosen Ellect of Israel.

I also refered to the building as an optional extra.

We do know the symbolism still stands, because we know from Ezekiel that there will be another Temple where GOD specifically indwells, its colloquillie turmed "The Millenial Temple" simply because one assumes its the place GOD rules from during the Millenial reign. Whilst much of that Reign may be again symbolic we know the Temple itself cant be...why? because the instructions of its dimensions are listed in the book of Ezekiel...so whatever the millenial rule may be (I would suggest Judgement within chronology, though there is no evidence to support this beyond phrases about the earth giving up its dead) we know that as a structure, it will at some point in the future exist....therefore the whol symbology is not lost.

Its good for human beings to have a physical focus, it reminds them that they can not forget what is unseen just because it is.