View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
1)I'm not going through a Calvinist stage. Predestination is not a Calvinist doctrine, it is a Biblical one. It predates John Calvin, it predates the New Testament, it even predates Moses.

2)GOD chose the Israelites as His people before Abraham and his wife bore their first son. GOD didn't "choose to give them the option" to be His people because they hadn't even been born yet.

3)According to Paul, we were all chosen for salvation before GOD even created the universe. You may not like it, but you can't deny what the Bible says.
1)I've been here long enough, Nathan, To have seen you argue AGAINST this sort of dogma. What next...Salvation won and lost??

2)We all know there is a difference between the Jews being chosen, and a select remenant being restored...and the Heathen being grafted onto the inheritance.

3) According to Paul we all can be...and I dont despute that...but the choice is ours to make. GOD doesnt force himself onto people like some demons do. Rather he knocks...and its up to us to answer. He will indwell...but only at our request.

If people were predestined, there would be no need for you to spread the Gospel at all. No need to tell a soul...after all, neither they, nor you have a choice...those who are saved simply are....thats NOT the message of Christianity.

GOD knowing who makes it and who doesnt, isnt synonomous with GOD creating that outcome.

Seek and Ye shall find....(unless you aint been ellected??) Knock and the door shall be opened unto you....(Or slammed in your face because he doesnt want you) Oh...and Intrinsic Value is right out of the window...Made in the image of GOD but preordained for Hell???? Created for Hell?? With the sole purpose of being lost in some kinda mock spiritual war????

If you say so Nate