View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:00 PM

Regardless of the current view of clergy on the issue of purgatory, there are a lot of people in the church who believe it, you cannot deny that..........no matter how you slice it, the idea of purgatory is heretical and should not be taught.

When it comes to Baptism, there is a big deal between sprinkling and immersion. The English word “baptism” is transliterated from the Greek word baptisma, which signifies dipping or immersion. The baptism Jesus authorized and commanded is precisely what is indicated by the Greek word baptisma: immersion. The book of Acts contains multiple accounts of baptism, and in every instance, the person being baptized was immersed.

Quote:
Do I believe a Statue will help you sell your house? No. Do I believe that GOD might help you sell your house. Yes. Sometimes he DOES ask...remember what he said to those who were in Israel...he told them to put blood on their doorposts so that when the Host came to kill all the first born egyptions, the Host would know to avoid their dwellings...can you say Mysticism???!
Dave, the Passover had nothing to do with mysticism and everything to do with pointing to the Gospel. Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin. Not sure what your reaching at here??????????? Buying & trusting a statue to sell your house is clearly idol worship and shame on the clergy for promoting such nonsense. Remember GOD will share his glory with no one!

Praying to Mary or even trying to talk to her is vain. The Bible clearly teaches that the living cannot communicate with the dead and vice versa. Many scriptures to back this up. Luke 16: 19-31 being one of them. Your example of Saul contacting the prophet Samuel from the dead does not hold water. Note what Samuel said to Saul in I Sam 28:16 "Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy? This was a time in Saul’s life when Samuel the prophet was dead and Saul no longer had a connection with God. Saul had become an enemy of God. The Bible plainly teaches that we should not pray or talk to the dead in any way, shape, or form. It's called divination. Jesus Christ is the only person we should pray to. He is the only one who can intercede for us before the Father! There is no biblical support for any other person that is able to intercede for us. The Hail Mary prayer is HERETICAL!

No matter how you slice it, the idea of Catholic Confession is heretical! Again, the Catholics add some man made tradition of confessing your sins to the priest, when the bible clearly states you can receive forgiveness directly from prayer to the Lord Jesus.