View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN1 View Post
You could be right.........it could be a mistake, PTM. I actually came out of an Episcopal Church that used the Book of Common Prayer, so I'm somewhat familiar with it. My wife was raised Catholic and went to Catholic schools her entire life. Her parents and siblings still attend. We attended a service a couple of years ago, where her mom and dad renewed their wedding vows. I do remember a book of prayer being used throughout the service. A lot of the sacraments from that book were all in the Book Of Common Prayer. I believe the title of the book said "book of prayer', so I took it as the same book the Episcopal Church used. The Holy Eucharist and the Nicene Creed sure sounded the same.

And just for clarification, I was not blaming the heretical teachings of the Catholic Church on the Book Of Common Prayer, just the absence of the Bible. I believe any church has made a grave mistake when they replace the authoritative Word of God, the Bible, with a book written by man. Psalm 138: 2, David writes that God has magnified His Word above His Name. I believe we should do the same.
i have no idea what mass you have been to where the bible is not used at all. every sunday when i go to mass there is a reading from the old testament, new testament and gospel.

^this is what perfection looks like