View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 06:53 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Sorry...the Roman Catholics dont use the BCP at all...Book of Common Prayer is ANGLICAN.

And the book of Common Prayer is a set of service plans, that actually use the Bible...except in the collects, which are just simple prayers that you or I might construct.

So for example the BCP will have a format for Evensong, including the order of the liturgy...but those liturgical statements are all direct quotes from the Bible...The Magnificat, is a Quote from Scripture, its not a fabricated suposition of what Mary said when the Angel told her of the Virgin Birth, its direct from the Scriptures. It will also have The Nunc Dimittis...which again is a direct biblical Quote.

The only collects that are repeated (or generally over-used) are The Collect against all perils, and they are so non-offensive as to be completely bland...there are prayers for the Royal Family...and why not! There are prayers for to be used in a funeral service...but please, do point out to me what in the below you think is offensive or heretic

O GOD, from whom all holy desires, all good counsil, and all just works do proceed, give unto thy servent the peace which the world can not give, that both our hearts my be set to obay thy commandments, and also that by thee, we, being defended from the fears of our enemies, may pass our time in rest and quietness, through the merits of Jesus Christ our Saviour

Lighten our darkness we beseech thee O Lord, and by thy great mercy, defend us from or perils and dangers of this night, for the love of thine only son, our saviour, Jesus Christ.

Please...do point out the heresy...

The book of common prayer is simply extracts of the Bible made into service plans, mixed with a few simple and non offensive prayers. I do wish that you would do your research before you speak, because when someone can SO EASILY point you out as wrong, it makes people wonder if anything you say is true. The BCP was a reaction AGAINST the Roman Catholics during the reformation...to be so increadibly wrong and to mis use such a document, is just careless...type it into Google and read the bloody book for yourself!!! Try NOT to make rookie errors when the rest of your points are so extremely valid!!!
I agree Tyburn. Born and raised into the Catholic religion a lot of things I am reading on this thread are far from the truth..Funny actually.
I am going to exit this topic before I am sucked into the vortex.

Last edited by Bella79; 04-26-2012 at 06:58 PM.